Ten students in the Gunn Music Program traveled to Avon High School on November 12 to audition for the Connecticut Music Educator Association (CMEA) Northern Region Music Festival. Of those 10, six students were selected to perform at the regional music festival, January 13 and 14, 2023, at New Britain High School. The festival ensembles will include a concert band, orchestra, mixed choir and jazz ensemble.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Anya Zigmont ’26 - Viola, Northern Region Orchestra
- Audrey Richards ’23 - Soprano Voice, Northern Region Mixed Choir
- Stella Zhu ’25 - Alto Voice, Northern Region Mixed Choir
- Colin Hall ’24 - Bass Voice, Northern Region Mixed Choir
- Will Dyer ’23 - Bass Voice, Northern Region Mixed Choir
- Joshua Ly ’23 - Mallets, Northern Region Concert Band
“I am so proud of these musicians,” said Ron Castonguay, Director of the Arts and Music Director, who accompanied students to the auditions. “In addition to the amount of preparation needed to properly prepare for these auditions, it takes a lot of courage to know you must perform live in front of an adjudicator, especially after two years of being able to send video audition submissions due to the pandemic. Congrats to all who auditioned!”
In addition to participating in the CMEA Northern Region Music Festival, these six students are now qualified to audition for the CMEA All-State Music Festival in March 2023. All-State auditions will be held on February 4, 2023, at North Haven High School.