Student-athletes were honored at School Meeting on May 28, when Athletic Director Mike Marich P’23 ’24 presented the spring team awards in the Tisch Family Auditorium. “Mr. Gunn knew that character was developed and honed in co-curricular activities. Athletics may look very different today than it did back in his time but the lessons learned are largely the same – lessons like, hard work, confidence, discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship, trust, and being part of something bigger than yourself. It is my hope that all of you experienced many of those lessons in your athletic experiences,” Marich said, congratulating all of this year’s award recipients.
2021 Spring Athletic Awards
- The Graham/Greenwood Tennis Trophy was established by the Greenwood family and is given to that student who has contributed the most to the tennis program in his or her career at the school. This year the award was presented to Eleanor McManus ’21.
- The Rick Johnston Tennis Trophy for the Boys Tennis Team is awarded to that player who has improved the most over the past season. This year the trophy was presented to Andrew Baron ’24.
- The Most Valuable Player Award for Boys Tennis was presented to Rafael Gutierrez de Vargas ’23.
- The Most Valuable Player Award in Girls Tennis was presented to Ksenia Korobov ’21.
- The Baseball Awards were presented to Mike Sirota ’21 for best batter, Alex Rosario ’22 for best pitcher, and Alex Diaz ’21 for best sportsman during the 2021 season.
- The Alumni Crew Award for the Most Valuable Player in Girls Crew was presented to Astrid von Seufert ’21.
- The Alumni Crew Award for the Most Valuable Player In Boys Crew was presented to Riley Hurley ’21.
- The Most Valuable Player Award for Girls Lacrosse was presented to Vivian Boucher ’23.
- The Most Valuable Player Award in Boys Lacrosse was presented to Eddie Rayhill ’22.
- The Most Valuable Player Award in Ultimate Frisbee was presented to Theo Mercier ’22.
The school’s top athletic awards for seniors were presented during Commencement Exercises on May 30.