2021-22 Back-to-School Guide
We are excited to welcome students and faculty to campus for the 2021-22 academic year. International students and student leaders will be welcomed back starting Tuesday, September 7. Boarding students begin arriving Wednesday, September 8. Classes begin Monday, September 13. As you prepare for the new school year, we hope you will find this Back-to-School Guide a useful resource. We will be adding updates throughout the summer, so please check back for additional details as we look forward to the start our 172nd year as a school together. Go Gunn!
Watch for updates about our Health & Safety protocols for the Fall Term.
All assigned health requirements and forms for the 2021-22 school year are due by July 1, 2021.
Students start returning September 7.
Classes begin on September 13.
Watch for the 2021-22 edition - coming in August!
Every student has a debit account in the School Store. Funds can be added prior to the start of the school year.
The Frederick Gunn School Bookstore opens August 1.
If you have questions as you prepare to return to campus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to September, please be sure that all required forms have been submitted to each department below.
Dean of Students
- Registration forms (Authorization to Publish, Emergency Contacts, Additional Student/Family Information, Parent/Guardian Information, Release of Student Information, School Store Debit Account) submitted through HighlanderNation
- Completed Student Life Survey (for new students) or Housing & Advising Survey (returning students) available from the Dean of Students Office
- Academic forms and required placement tests available through HighlanderNation
- Required Summer Reading
- All required health forms completed and submitted directly to Magnus Health via Highlander Nation
- Be sure to upload a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card under "Immunization Forms."
- Completed 2021-2022 contract (submitted through HighlanderNation) and required tuition payment
- Please send a current school portrait scan (or hardcopy) of your child to Jamie Zambero (email@example.com) for inclusion in the Student Handbook. Pictures must be received by August 1. Please do not send cropped pictures as the quality of edited photos does not reprint well in the handbook.
Who to contact with questions:
Dean of Students Office:
Ashley LeBlanc, Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cassie Ruscz, Director of Residential Life, email@example.com
Lauren Lord, Assistant Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Morgante, R.N., Interim Director of Nursing, email@example.com
Business Office/Student Accounts:
Amber Noe, Director of Student Accounts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Doody, School Store Manager, email@example.com
BJ Daniels, Director of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
A message from the Dean of Students: July 2, 2021 - sent to returning parents and students
A message from the Dean of Students: July 1, 2021 - sent to new parents and students
Summer Reading: June 17, 2021 - sent to all students
Course Registration Information - FGS Music Program: May 25, 2021 - sent to all parents
An Introduction to Magnus Health: May 19, 2021 - sent to all parents
Important Registration Information: May 6, 2021 - sent to all new parents
Welcome to The Frederick Gunn School: May 5, 2021 -sent to all families
CDC Travel Guidelines
Requirements for air passengers traveling to the U.S.
Requirement for viral test 3-5 days after travel
State and local recommendations after travel (search: Connecticut)
CDC Isolation protocols if you are sick
WHO List of Approved COVID-19 Vaccines
Student Health Advocates (our preferred provider for vaccine and guardian services)
Return to Homepage