Thursday October 22
3:00 - 6:00 PM - Parent/Student and Advisor Conferences
- Your student's advisor will contact you directly about setting up a 15-minute meeting between 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. If this time frame doesn't work for you, advisors will find another mutually agreed upon time. If you are a parent living abroad, advisors will try to set up time on Saturday, October 24 to connect. Your student should be present for this conversation. These meetings are in lieu of parent/teacher conferences that we've had in years past.
Friday October 23
10:15 AM - State of the School with Peter Becker, Head of School
- Kick-off our virtual Parents Weekend 2020 with Head of School, Peter Becker, for a discussion about The Frederick Gunn School and our plans for the next several years.
11:30 AM - Center for Citizenship and Just Democracy
Join Bart McMann, Director of the Center for Citizenship and Just Democracy, for a discussion about the goals and structure for our new center.
1:00 PM - Update from Academics
- Emily Gum, Assistant Head for Teaching & Learning and Kristin Hoins, Director of the Center for Academic Excellence, will give an update from the Academic office, talk about Winterim and answer questions about the fall term and our plans for the spring.
2:00 PM - Update from the Dean of Students Office
- Ashley LeBlanc, Dean of Students, will talk about our philosophy, programming for the year, an update on our Residential Life program, and will answer questions as time allows.
6:30 PM - Virtual Cooking Class
- Cook from the comfort of your own kitchen alongside Frederick Gunn School alumni, Jessica L’Heureux ’10 and Willy Charleton ’08! They will walk you through how to make Chickpea Burgers at home, and tell you about their experiences at The Frederick Gunn School and how it has shaped them into who they are today.
For a complete listing of all Zoom details for each event please click below: